Are you tired of seating in the hard shower chair? If you are sick or aging, standing in the shower is an agony. Some will use a shower chair or stool in the shower to ease the discomfort. But without enough cushioning, shower chairs can be hard and aggravate the pain further in some. This is the reason why you need a shower chair cushion.
There are plenty of options available in the market when buying a shower seat cushion, and if you are confused about which one to go for, you are on the right page.
Duro-Med Bench Cushion
It is made from a flexible, high-quality foam that you will not find in any other seat cushions. This foam is waterproof and has multiple vents that prevent water build-up.
Main Shower Bench Cushion Features to Look For
Choosing the right cushion for your shower chair can be confusing, even more, if you don’t have any idea what to look for in one. Here are features that you need in a shower chair cushion and why these features matter.
- Quick Drying: One of the most important features that you need in a shower cushion is it should be quick to dry. Because it can get soak while showering, it is essential that the cushion dries quickly or else it can get stinky and moldy. A quick-drying cushion will also make it ready for next use.
- Adjustable Straps: Because you need to transfer the cushion from one chair to another, it should be safer to use. Straps can help get it securely in place. You don’t want to get hurt in the bathroom just because your cushion accidentally slipped from the chair.
- Washable: Any item that comes in contact with water and different cleaning solutions like shampoo, soap, among others can cause mold and bacteria to grow so the cushion should be washable. It should also be easy to wash.
- Waterproof: Not all shower chair cushions are waterproof, and they don’t need to be. But waterproof ones are better because there is no need for them to dry. It is also hard for them to get dirty or moldy.
Best Shower chair Cushions on the Market
I tested several shower seat cushions to create a shortlist of this product for you. This collection has the best shower cushion.
To determine which shower chair cushion will make it to our top five, I compare them according to the size, materials, and ease of use.
Here is a waterproof bath seat cushion that managers to win our hearts. The Duro-Med foam bath seat cushion is widely considered the most affordable bath seat cushion you can buy.
It is made from durable and superior foam material which is not commonly found in other shower cushions. This seat cushion is also waterproof and has multiple vents that can help in preventing water build-up.
Weighing less than a pound, it is easy to take it when traveling or during special events where you need extra cushioning.
- Designed to fit any shower chair and transfer benches
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Made from durable materials
- Extra cushioning for added comfort
- Smaller than advertised
- Doesn’t stay in place
Coming from a company that produces therapeutic seats to improve posture, decrease pressures, and lower the level of moisture and temperature of the skin, this padded shower seat cushion is no exception.
It has a pre-contoured surface to keep the balanced posture the bottom has a shorter pillar on the pelvis area to allow the cushion to hold the load.
It is made from durable closed-cell EVA foam. This bath seat cushion is heat-resistant up to 70 degrees and is waterproof.
Although it is a little expensive than other bath seat cushions, it is all worth it because it is easy to use ad very easy to clean.
- Waterproof, heat-resistant and durable
- This product works as it can also improve posture
- It is breathable and allows free airflow
- Can fit most shower and bathroom chair size
- Easy to clean
- You should have enough weight to keep the cushion from floating
- A little hard to sit on
If you don’t have a shower seat yet and or have one that is old, this Medokare Shower chair with a cushion is a perfect choice.
It offers a comfortable and safe solution for seniors, fall-risk individuals, or handicapped while they are showering.
It has a sturdy frame and angled legs. The non-skid rubber feet are a perfect safety measure. It is also durable and sturdy from the materials it’s made from.
It not only reduced the risk of slipping but also prevents molds and bacteria from living in the chair.
Assembling the chair is easy and within minutes. You can also remove the back of the seat to fit in the bathtubs or shower.
- Ergonomic design with the padded seat provides comfort and convenience
- It is flexible and can fit any shower or bathtubs
- Micro-holes on the drainage improve the sitting experience
- Reduced risk of slipping because water is thoroughly drained
- Lightweight and durable
- A plastic knob on the screw can break easily
If you are currently looking to buy a great value-for-money shower seat cushion, then this OasisSpace bath cushion is the best choice.
This seat cushion is made from flexible and high-quality foam with a comfort that you cannot find in any seat cushion.
Whether you just had a back knee or hip surgery or with back problems like many seniors that cannot sit directly sit on a hard surface, this seat cushion is the best answer.
The high-quality foam has quick dry technology, and it is easy to dry after a shower.
- Unmatched durability
- High-quality foam with unmatched durability
- The soft and high-quality foam
- With drain holes to help disperse the water
- Easy to clean and dry
- It does not have the appropriate stability
- Size does not fit all
Most seniors who are not able to stand or sit on hard surfaces will love this chair. It will keep them comfortable while showering instead of sitting on a hard chair.
This waterproof cushion will provide the comfort they need. It can be placed securely into the bath seat with the straps.
Still, with comfort in mind, it is made with a rubberized material for the desired waterproofing, but it is still firm and soft to the touch.
Its straps anchor the cushion to any chair, whether it is a shower bench or a wheelchair.
The non-skid rubberized material is also electronically sealed, preventing the heavy water feel or getting slippery when it is wet.
- Comfortable and provides enough support
- Waterproof bath cushion
- Fits securely onto any chair
- Straps help the cushion firmly in place
- Electronically sealed prevents the heavy water feel
- The straps can be difficult to undo
- The cushion can move around the chair even with the straps
This bathtub seat cushion can add comfort to a hard and stiff bath seat. It is made from a waterproof foam cushion that securely attaches to any standard bench or bath seat.
The EasyComforts bathtub seat cushion has adjustable straps in a hook-and-loop configuration where you can fasten it underneath the chair.
This bath cushion is a perfect bathroom aid for caregivers who are attending to patients with mobility problems.
- Waterproof bath seat cushion
- Comfortable and helps make bath time a better experience
- It can easily attach to any chair
- The outer cover is durable and made from PVC
- Easy to clean with water and soap
- The cushions are small
- It can slip from the bench
This shower bench cushion is a product of NOVA Medical Products, a company known for high quality. And this product does not disappoint because of the look and feel of a high-end seat cushion.
This seat cushion is easy to clean and adds comfort for people who need to sit while bathing. It also has a Velcro strap that helps secure the cushion to any standard-size benches and bath seats.
Plus, it is secured well under the chair. A perfect alternative if you cannot afford the more expensive option.
- Vinyl cover is easy to clean
- The Velcro straps can secure to any standard size benches and bath seat
- Fits standard size bath chairs
- High-quality and well-designed
- Comfortable while bathing
- The seat cushion is small
- It can be hard and uncomfortable
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do shower seat cushions have a weight limit?
A: Generally, there is no weight limit for shower seat cushions, and they are suitable for anyone. However, there is a weight limit for a shower seat with cushion. Most shower seats have a weight limit of 300 pounds.
Q: Can cushions be used on any type of shower chair or bench?
A: Yes, you can use it with any type of shower chair without a cushion. It can be attached to a shower bench, bench transfer, or any kind of shower bench. You can also use shower cushions in wheelchairs and even office chairs. The only thing you need to worry about is if the cushion can fit the chair.
Q: Are these cushions machine washable?
A: Not all shower cushions are machine washable, but if there is one, I would recommend choosing the one that is. Our first cushion on the list is machine washable.
Q: Can these cushions be used for anything else than just a shower chair?
A: Yes, these cushions can be very versatile. You can use them for wheelchairs, office chairs, and even outdoor benches. It is also used for comfortable kneeling during bathing or when washing your hair.
Q: Can they be used in the bathtub?
A: It all depends on the cushion. If it is waterproof and can be submerged in the water, then you can use it for your bathtub. The first and second shower cushions can be used in the tub.
If you need a shower cushion, or you know someone who would, you don’t have to worry about finding the right one because you can use the buying guide provided in this article.
I hope that this article has given you enough information about choosing the proper shower pad. Remember that the essential features you need to look for are comfort, safety, and durability.
For more questions or additional information about the shower chair cushion, you can comment below.